Sunday, August 28, 2011

Introduction

As a first time blogger, I'm sure the first of these posts will be somewhat rocky.

Q: Why am I blogging?
A: As a self-declared food enthusiast, I like to spend some free time in the kitchen, reading food network magazines, and cooking light magazines. After creating and re-creating many recipes I thought it was about time that I do something with them, other than just post pictures on facebook. So here it is....my brand new endeavor: blogging.

Q: What are my credentials?
A: Mostly none. I spent eight summers working on a farm learning how to plant, pick, maintain, and cook. Cooking on a farm?! Yes! Awesome experience, and I credit Mimi with introducing me to many fresh, high quality products. From the farm, I earned a B.S in Nutritional Sciences from UNH. After deciding I didn't want to be an R.D. (registered dietitian) I started working at Atlantic Gymnastics where I am currently the assistant manager.

Q: Where do I get my recipes?
A: I find many recipes from food network, cooking light, allrecipes.com, and mostly I make them up! One recipe may inspire me to cook, however I rarely follow anything exactly.

Q: Who are the chefs I admire most?
A: Growing up my mother was a fabulous cook! She loves food and I'm sure she passed that along to me. I also learned a lot from Mimi (former farm owner) who taught me a lot of cooking basics, Italian profanities, and tricks of the trade. Other than that, I find myself following Mario Batali who KNOWS Italian; Cat Cora who can not only keep up with the guys, but can out cook many of them; Michael Symon just because he seems to really have FUN with food; and Guy Fieri since he is able to find the gems in any city. Of course I have many idols and I won't bore you by listing them all.

Question and answer session is over! I hope that whoever reads this will enjoy following me in the kitchen and maybe I'll even inspire you as so many cooks have inspired me!

No comments:

Post a Comment